Friday, August 13, 2010

Big ole mess

Remember those improvised blocks I made from scraps?  Well, I finally decided to make a mini quilt out of them.  My initial idea was to simply sew them together and create a back using additional scraps.  Not content with something simple, I made a few alterations.

I honestly don't know how to feel about it.  Part of me definitely hates it.  But the remaining part is keeping an open mind, hoping that the quilting and binding will improve the whole look of the quilt.

The plans I had for the back of the quilt under went several revisions.  I had a stack of "butt ends" that I cut off from the strips I used in the zig zag quilt. 
I sewed them together in rows and ended up with this:
I took out my rotary cutter.
Yuck.
Guys, I'm like King Midas in reverse.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment