Friday, June 18, 2010

Progress on Zig Zag quilt

The Zig Zag quilt should be ready for basting by tonight.  Designing the back of the quilt has given me a bit of grief.  Initially I wanted to make a series of blocks and arrange them like the ones in CB Handmade's modern four square quilt.  I scrapped that idea after I made two improvised blocks using some leftover fabric.


Even though I liked how the blocks turned out, I felt that they were too busy and I didn't want to have the front of the quilt compete with the back.  So I decided to do something simpler and create a single column of wonky stars.




I can't wait to see the end result!

2 comments:

  1. I like those two blocks at the top. What are you going to do with those? They could maybe go with the pinwheels cut from the front...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I haven't really decided what I want to do with them yet. I was thinking about incorporating them into a future quilt.

    ReplyDelete