Monday, August 16, 2010

Food

Today I made pita bread and roasted chickpeas.  I know bread making can seem really intimidating to most people.  But making pita bread is insanely easy.  I followed a recipe I found on thefreshloaf.com which included very detailed instructions. 

The dough after it's first rising
Divided and left under a damp dish towel for a 20 minute nap
Rolled flat and ready for the oven
Puffing
Look at the all the puffage! 
I also decided to whip up a snack for myself since the oven was already hot.  I drained and rinsed two cans of chickpeas and then patted them dry with a clean dish towel.  I then tossed them in a bowl along with some olive oil, curry powder, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
I spread the mixture on a cookie sheet lined with tinfoil and left them in the oven to crisp.
Yum!
Yeah, that's right, I ate the whole batch in a single sitting.  It's healthy snack so it gets the distinction of being one of my few guiltless pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment