Monday, June 7, 2010

Something fun

Status of Zig Zag quilt: still unfinished, 51% completeIn other news, I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with this patchwork pattern maker I stumbled upon via Pickle Dish. It's really simple and fast. All you have to do is upload an image and the software will convert it into a quilt pattern. I spent 20 minutes this afternoon snapping pictures, hoping I would capture something that would make a fabulous quilt once I put it through the pattern maker.

A faded basket ball in my backyard...

...turned into an orange abstract design.

Long strands of pele's hair hanging from a fence...

...turned into this brownish, grayish design speckled with some blue.

An overhead shot of a dusty, old pin cushion...
...turned into a pretty flower.

As you can see, not all photographs are going to translate well as quilt designs. It appears that photos with bold, distinct colors yield the best results. I encourage everyone - quilters and non-quilters alike - to play around with the pattern maker and have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment