Monday, June 28, 2010

My first quilt

I was really looking forward to quilting today but a broken sewing machine needle put a damper on my plans. A broken needle also means a change in today's post topic.

Reluctantly, I'm going to share my first quilt with you.  I say reluctantly because I'm slightly embarrassed about my first clumsy attempt at quilting. About a year ago, my boyfriend and I were planning a trip to Sioux Falls, South Dakota in order to attend his best friend's wedding.  At that time I was already infected with the quilting bug and was itching to start a project of my own.   Less than three weeks before we were scheduled to leave, I decided that I wanted to make a quilt and give it to the newlyweds.  I ransacked my bookmarked quilting blogs and flickr quilting groups, searching for the perfect quilt pattern.  I created my own pattern that was inspired by Elizabeth Hartman's mix tape quilts.


The whole project was riddled with problems from the start.  I don't want to dredge up old memories so I won't get specific.  I was rushed and my quilting shows it.  Blah.

Anyway, my opinion about my first quilt has changed since I started writing this post.  I still see the mistakes but it doesn't matter.  I love it! Oh, and the Bride was pleased with it too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment